Nov 8, 2008

Suck it up, Princess

Reality Check (RC): Bec, I think we need to have a little chat.
Bec: Oh, yeah, what's up?
RC: I think you are taking this pursuit business a bit too lightly.
Bec: What do you mean, lightly? I have been training pretty hard and doing everything I am meant to be doing. It's all been going pretty well, don't you think?
RC: Yes, but a little too well. I get the feeling that you are forgetting how tough this race is meant to be. You seem to be getting through your training a bit too comfortably for my liking.
Bec: What do you mean? I've been in the box since Wednesday's crit.
RC: Doesn't count. What you do with your pursuit, that is what counts.
Bec: Oh, what are you going to do about it?
RC: Here, catch this?
Bec: What the...? What's this?
RC: That is a shocking time for your trial pursuit.
Bec: That was a bit harsh. Did you have to devo me that much?
RC: You deserved it.
Bec: Oh, are you sure?
RC: Yep.
Bec: Geesh, alright, if you say so.
RC: Actually, it looks like you are getting over that kick in the pants. Take this.
Bec: Man, what'd you knock me off my bike for?
RC: Reinforce my previous message.
Bec: What?!
RC: You can't take this sport for granted.
Bec: Reality, you suck.
RC: I know, aren't I grand?!
Bec: No, I hate you.
RC: You say that now, but you know you need me.
Bec: You know what Reality, I am so going to prove you wrong. I am going to ride the target time whether you like it or not, and I am going to keep loving this pursuit. You can go to hell. I am so much better than you think.
...
...
...
RC: Told you you needed me. ;)

2 comments:

Davina Summers said...

Awesome, you get that time. Looking forward to catching up next week. D.

Anonymous said...

I know who the real RC is....