Feb 10, 2009

You get that. It's bike racing!

2009 Australian Track Nationals,
Adelaide SuperDrome, Feb 3-8

Elite Women's Scratch Race

In hindsight, I enjoyed 95% of this race. I was happy with my position in the bunch and was certainly holding my own- a big boost to my confidence after the races earlier in the week. Jessie and I had a loose race plan going in which was largely going to depend on what the other states had in mind. It was clear pretty early on that it was going to come down to a bunch sprint as the bunch was reacting to everything and not letting anyone get away. That was my plan out the window. With about 4 laps to go the hammer went down to wind it up for final sprint, unfortunately as this happened was swinging off the front and got caught out up the bank. Despite trying desperately to recover some position in the bunch, that was me done, over the line in 15th- somewhat disappointingly given how I'd been feeling throughout the race. Bad timing, and probably I should ave been a bit smarter about that, but the best way to learn is through experience. Jess was in a good spot and made it over the line in 6th.

The other events of the session saw Caitlin 5th in the U19 Keirin and Tom 9th in the elite Men's scratch race.


Post session ice bath. Yes it was cold in there! (Edward, Jess and myself)


No comments: