Apr 25, 2011

That didn't seem too bad

After 17 days away from my bike and with pretty limited exercise to compensate I made the most of the glorious autumn weather and managed a sneaky 40 km. Am pleased to report that I didn't rip the wound open as the doctors feared would happen if I rode to early and even better the ride itself did not seem to kill me!

The most important lesson from today however was to never underestimate the value of chamois cream!!!

Despite the positiveness of today's roll I am pretty sure it was sensible decision to not enter the Canberra Tour which is on this coming weekend.

In the meantime, this little break has been the perfect time for the kitchen renovation that the Engineer and I have been undertaking. I don't think I would have been able to survive the renos if I had been in full training- my only cooking appliances are a rice cooker, a small electric skillet and a microwave. I think I am actually craving some pasta! You can see pics of that project over at: http://doolamaticdrs.wordpress.com/

This what my wound is currently looking like (post ride and shower), it has been covered with opsite since the stitches came out. (Read more about wound care over at Cycling Tips- everything in Wade's post is consistent with what I learnt from the AIS nurses and my mum)


And to help you be rid of the image of my gummy knee, this is what you are missing out on if you are not cycling in Canberra in autumn- it was just like this this morning!


No comments: