Aug 30, 2011

Now that winter is over...


Recent state of my blog, sorry about that.

So much has been happening, but so little as well. Shortly after I wrote the post below, I had my wisdom teeth out. The timing of this was perfect- the le Tour was just starting to heat up and I didn't have to try and juggle training with late nights in front of the tv!!

In case you missed it, perhaps you live under a rock and this is the only thing online you read, Cadel Evans finally got to stand on the top step of the Champs Elysees!! And I am pretty sure the whole of the Australian cycling community stood there with him! (and a whole lot of the non-cycling community too!)

Thank you Cadel! I even enjoyed the sound of Tina Arena's voice

Then we got to the end of July and that was the end of my training break. The 3 weeks off the bike were absolutely essential for mental and physical refreshment. The year to date had been up and down in terms of injury and illness and there had been a lot of frustration from a lack of results. This break was perfect for allowing me to regain my focus and motivation; and work out what I really wanted to do on the bike.

Training recommenced at the start of August and I have been loving every minute of it. There has been some local racing and a whole lot of riding happy (thanks LJ). I have some goals and a couple of potential events for spring and summer and for the first time in a while I am enjoying the company of my bikes.

Admittedly training needs to ramp up a bit now, but I think that I am finding the right balance between work, life and bike and that really is the most important place to be!

No comments: