Oct 26, 2008

One of my best friends is...

a bucket.


Another week and just for something different, more training!! There was also a race on Wednesday night, but I already told you about that. For various reasons this week I ended up on the ergo 3 times this week, that is OK, after the time spent together with my broken wrist, the ergo and I are pretty good mates. This week however, we had to introduce someone new to the relationship, enter bucket. I won't go into too much detail, but the sessions this week have all been hard, hard, hard and when the going gets tough, well, things get a bit anaerobic and a bit lactic and a bit messy. So, a bucket is now one of my mates when I am on the ergo, along with my mp3 player.

But, enough of that. It has been a good week of training and it will be much the same for the next few weeks, but there is a fair bit of racing coming up. Most of the events are in the calendar to the right, but here's a preview:
Nov 1-2: Wagga Wagga Golden Wheel Track Carnival
Nov 9: Tour de Femme
Nov 13-16: Oceania Track Championships, Adelaide.

And now for something completely different.

This is a peanut butter and choc-chip biscuit- possibly one of the tastiest post-ride treats. Here's how you make them:
1. Heat oven to 200C
2. Combine 1 cup of brown sugar, 200g crunchy peanut butter, a teaspoon of bicarb soda and a lightly beaten egg.
3. Stir in 250g dark chocolate chips
4. Roll teaspoonful amounts into small balls and place on a baking tray that has been sprayed with a little oil and lined with baking paper
5. Press lightly with fork
6. Cook for 8-10 minutes until golden
7. Cool and enjoy :)

Don't talk to me about the nutritional value (or lack thereof) of these, I said at the start they are a treat!!

Thanks for reading and have a great week :D

No comments: