Oct 10, 2008

Training, training, training

As the title suggests, that is about all that has been happening on the bike in recent times (and I figure you probably don't need to hear about that, it is not that interesting!). Though I have to say it has been lots of fun for me- seriously! It is a lot of fun being on the bike, and especially fun, and rewarding, to see improvements.

The last couple of weeks has been all about building strength- hill sessions, track sessions and weight sessions- all with the aim of making me stronger and it is such a buzz to see the results (thanks Pothole). I have gotten faster up Stromlo on a bigger gear each week.


Here is the view I get at the end of my SEs on Stromlo. I do like cycling Canberra.

My pursuit efforts on the track have gotten faster on the massive gear I have been pushing around BundaDome, and the power output is approaching the target average of 400W (thanks for the SRM Tammie).



Photos: Canberra's Velodrome- Bundadome, home of brown snakes, speed bumps and grass growing on the surface (!) and with the recent birthday wishes from the locals!

Weights wise, all my strength exercises are using weights exceeding my body weight (thanks Dean). All in all it is looking promising for a good track season-fingers crossed!

A quick update from last post, I have beaten spring! My asthma has settled down and the season didn't get the better of me! Bec 1- Spring 0.

After all of this we figured it was time to go racing. The race this Sunday will be the Riverina Championships at Wantabadgery (near Wagga Wagga)- first up will be a 10km time trial, which I will do on the weapon which has now been converted for track, so I'll be riding fixed!, followed by a 47km scratch race not long after that. Then there is a well earnt recovery week.

In updates off the bike, wedding plans are coming along well- we had meetings with the Minister and the caterers last week and everything appears to be on track there. I had a job interview last Thursday with the Department of Health and fingers crossed they will give me job! And my thesis is progressing, maybe not as fast as it could but surely!

Next up will be a race report and photos from the weekends racing in the spiffy new Onya Bike Belco kit (thanks Mick)!

No comments: