Dec 23, 2008

Podium Practise

Victorian State Track Titles
DISC
19-21 December.

Three days, three events: 10km Scratch Race, Individual Pursuit and 25km Points Race.

Friday: The state titles started very promising with a silver medal in the Elite Women's Scratch Race. Congratulations to Tess Downing who took the gold and whom I couldn't quite get over in our sprint to the line.









Saturday: Whilst the pursuit has been occupying the bulk of my training focus lately, it has been something of a disappointment on race day. I qualified for the bronze medal ride, but was unable to achieve a result. Somewhat frustrating, yes, but not the end of the world.









Sunday: To make up for Saturday's poor showing, I had the Points Race to make things right on Sunday. This was a tough race, made worse by the small bunch putting up a fight when Tess and I, later joined by Chloe McConville, initially refusing to let us catch them! We eventually got there, but it seemed to take forever!! Tess had a clear win going in to the final sprint which I needed to win to claim the silver. Somehow I found something to come over the bunch to take the final sprint and the silver medal! Might have had something to do with my brother, his fiance and my niece along with Matt screaming in the stands and the support in the infield- thanks Pothole, Lyn and Matty :)

So despite Saturday's "failure" (I've told you before I am an over achiever!), it was a pretty successful trip to Melbourne! Full results can be found at Vic Cycling.

Have a very merry Christmas everyone!


















Photos (l to r): Top: Trying to get G'd for the Scratch Race as it got later and later on Friday night- Pothole looking somewhat bored!; Leading the Scratch race; Elite Women Scratch Race Podium (Nicole Whitburn, Tess Downing, myself)
2nd row: Pursuiters everywhere: Alex Carle (4th U19 Women), Myself (4th Elite Women), Matt Miesel-Dennis (Diesel)
Bottom: Points Race Podium (Tess Downing- gold, myself silver, Chloe McConville-bronze couldn't stay); with my niece, CJ.

No comments: