May 1, 2009

So that is what it looked like

Two weeks short of 12 months post-op and the plate that was put in to hold my wrist together has been removed. Initially I was told that it was possible to leave it in indefinitely. However, in recent time the flexibility in my wrist has deteriorated, especially when it comes to climbing hills on my bike! After a brief discussion with Dr Jude, it was decided that the best thing to do was take it out. That operation took place on the 30th April, and thankfully was a lot less frustrating than the original trip to hospital (see post here).

Having only ever seen the plate and screws on the X-ray, and being morbidly obsessed with medical things, I requested for the hardware to be returned to me. Now there is a photo below, so if you are not into these types of things, please DON'T LOOK!! (I will not take responsibility for you being upset!) Needless to say, I thought it was cool!

Now it is back to the ergo for a few weeks while I wait for the wound to close up and the holey bones to recover.

No comments: