Aug 20, 2009

And then what happened?

Victorian Road Champs
NTID TT Camp
16th - 18th August 2009

As you have probably heard, Sunday's RR at Portarlington was cancelled due to dangerous weather. It really was quite horrendous, I have never seen winds like it! Trees were having trouble staying upright, so I am not sure how cyclists were going to stay perpendicular to the ground!!http://arkabo.com/noire/comics/noire37.png
(Taken from Noire Edition 37, see them at: Noire- a webcomic)

Thus, Sunday was an unexpected recovery day.

Monday: we headed to Ballarat to have a look over the Nationals TT and RR courses. This is the year that I am going to front up to for the National TT, glad I saw that hill at the start so I know what I am getting myself in for though! It is brutal! If I can manage that I think I will be able to manage a ride that I will be happy with :) Being realistic, I won't be riding the RR so I didn't take too much notice of the course, although it also has "the hill" and a speedy descent!

Tuesday: testing time at CycleEdge, one 2 minute effort and one 10 minute effort. Having never done these before, I wasn't sure what to expect. The 2 minute one was alright, I was pretty happy with the power output for that one and yes I did need the bucket, thanks for asking. The 10 minute one I was disappointed with, I really struggled to find a gear that gave me a suitable cadence, as a consequence my power outputs was all over the shop and my average was way down on what I normally put out- boo.

Wednesday: official start to my break! Woohoo! Don't get me wrong, I love my bike, but I need a break both mentally and physically. However, don't think I'll be sitting around doing nothing, I have two other bikes that need to be ridden, starting with RAW Track on Friday night, followed up with some mountain biking over the weekend!

Be sure to come back soon for some bike reviews-I have new road and track bikes to tell y0u about!

Thanks for reading, and enjoy your bike- the weather is getting warmer out there so you have no excuse.

No comments: