Nov 29, 2009

The love/hate relationship continues…

NSW Pursuit Titles

I think I said last year that I wasn’t going to pursue this event further, but, I changed my mind! Although the focus has changed and we have taken some of the pressure off by not having this as my main event.

After a last minute moto-session on BundaDome the car was packed and we headed up the highway on Saturday afternoon. The start list was a little ominous with Kate Bates, Ashlee Akudinoff, Lis Georgouras and Megan Dunn all listed. My goal for the weekend was firstly to ride a PB and hopefully qualify for the final.

For the heat I was up against Ash, that was daunting at all, no, I had just watched her in the TP at the World Cup, can’t be that fast surely!! So along with a PB, I wanted to avoid getting caught!! Alas I wasn’t good enough for the second aim, but I did hold out until the final km! But I did PB and qualified for the final.

I was up against Megan in the final. Hmm, tough day with world medalists everywhere! Again, my aim was simple, to go faster than my qualifier. In the end Megan was over the line about 4 seconds faster than me, and I did go faster than my qualifier. And whilst I couldn’t quite get to my schedule time, it was a PB, so no complaints.

Results:
Gold: Ash Ankudinoff
Silver: Kate Bates
Bronze: Megan Dunn

It has taken a long time for me to make any major improvements in this event, and this season has started well, so I am happy. (Yeah, I know it is not a super-fantastic time, but you get out there and do one and tell me how you go :p)

No comments: