Jan 25, 2010

Shake

My time as an NTID athlete has come to an end. I won't go into all the details, let's just say it is time for me to evolve separately. Unlike other products of NTID, like Bridie O'Donnell, I wouldn't say that I graduated with high distinction, but I would like to think that I have come through with at least a credit average.

The opportunity that was presented to me through the NTID program was fantastic and I will be forever grateful for the experience. Sincere thanks to: Tammie Ebert, senior co-ordinator of NTID, Josh Sear, Tammie's assistant, and the Australian Sports Commission for their generous support and encouragement throughout the last couple of years. Concurrent with this support, I would also like to acknowledge the support of the ACT Academy Support, specifically Glenn Doney and the Strength and Conditioning coaches, Dean and Dave, you guys have been invaluable.

And last, but by no means not least, Pothole, who has been my coach for the last couple of years, it has been an awesome journey, with some amazing triumphs and development. We both agree, it is time for fresh eyes and a new approach. Thanks mate!

Now, it is time to look to the future. There are a few too many what ifs for me to just walk away from this, and probably a little bit too much passion as well! I am looking forward to what lies ahead and seeing what I can achieve next.

PS: Thanks to those close to me who have listened, advised and supported me during this time- you all know who you are :)

No comments: