Dec 6, 2011

Keep Calm and...

 

And keep riding!

I went in to the 2011 NSW Omnium knowing it was going to be a tough day, due both to the nature of the event and the competition I was up against.  Having won the event last year I had a fair idea what was going to be required to get through the day.  Unfortunately things were destined to go against me.

I won't bore you with the details, but everything that could have gone wrong, did.  (With the exception of crashing, but thankfully there wasn't any of that!)  An assortment of mishaps which I have never experienced before occurred on race day.  And before I knew it I had accumulated more points than I knew what to do with and the day couldn't end fast enough.

What made it worse, from my perspective, was that I had 3 really good rounds.  The other 3 rounds were such spectacular failures from which nothing could be redeemed.

In fact the biggest highlight of the day was when I handed my number in and they handed me prizemoney from the Clarence St Cup that I had raced the night before!

"The best thing about today is yesterday!"

Having a much better time at the Clarence St Cup the night before
For full size images (and with many thanks to Mark Gunther) click here
And yes we were all star struck with Mark Renshaw ripping up the boards!







No comments: