Jul 30, 2008

"My legs had a slow leak"

NSW ITT Champs Sunday 27 July

Without question this was the worst race of my life. It has taken me a little while to decide if I would put anything here about it, but figured if I only wrote about the good stuff, the few people that bother to read this might think I am some sort of freak that only ever does well! To give you some perspective and convince you that I am not exaggerating, I was so far behind the other riders Matt was asking the officials if they had heard of any accidents on the course! Oops, it was a bad day!

I am not going to go into details, but there were a lot of things that went unnoticed during the week that contributed and a lot of lessons learnt from the experience of Sunday- so it wasn't a complete waste!

A special mention to Matt, Susie, Dean and Glenn for helping me put it all in perspective and get over it. (The title of this post is courtesy of Glenn when we were briefly dissecting what happened, quite fitting!)

In other news, Matt and I, and a number of people from the lab, attended Rob and Alicia's wedding on Saturday (see photos). The bride looked stunning and Rob scrubbed up pretty well too :P. The ceremony was lovely, held at the Catholic church in Holt, followed by a very fun reception at Old Parliament House. After Sunday's effort, I regret that we couldn't stay longer at the reception, from all accounts it was a blast!

L to R: Rob; Alicia with her Dad; the happy couple; the bridal party- Paula (Rob's sister), Claire (Alicia's sister), Alicia, Fr Michael, Rob, Anthony (Rob's best mate), Sebastian (Alicia's brother).


No comments: