Jul 10, 2008

New Weapon


After much anticipation and extreme gratitude to Mick at Onya Bike Belconnen, I got to bring my new weapon home today!! The BMC TT02 time trial bike is my new weapon of choice and it is currently pride of place blocking the front door- hey it means I can look at it will I type this (did I mention that it also spent the day in my office at work instead of in the car!!)


The next job is to get the set up right before NSW ITT on 27th July. Hopefully the weather will be good over the weekend so I can get out for a spin on it. Up before that is the Illawarra TT Club Champs on 19th July. As usual, my mechanic supreme (and love of my life) Matt will be along to make sure the bike runs to perfection and to look after me- he is an expert at both and I wouldn't have got anywhere without him!!

A brief update on my wrist. Phil (my physio at Atlas Physio, Braddon) is very happy with how the recovery has gone so far, to the point where I was allowed to ride to work today for the first time in 6 weeks! Despite the very miserable winter weather, it was so good to ride to work rather than take the bus!! I still don't have full mobility back in all directions and I am still lacking a bit of strength, but it is definitely almost there.

So there you have it. Post number one complete. A huge thanks to Mick and all the guys at Onya Bike for helping me out with the weapon. Be sure to watch this space to see how well it performs!

2 comments:

Karsten Oelkers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karsten Oelkers said...

Are you sure that they delivered the right thing from Switzerland? It's because it says "time machine" on it. I mean I don't know much about cycling but I guess that time machines probably fall under some sort of control..;-))
Congratulations and good luck!