Jul 12, 2009

Wanted...

A jersey that says:
Unauthorised wheel suckers will not be tolerated.
Do a turn or back off!

It is a pet hate of mine to have people I don't know sit on my wheel and not offer to do a turn. Mostly it is when I am riding to work when it annoys me the most. Generally it is a guy sitting on and usually I am on my fixxie!
Although there was a guy trying to hang on today when we were motorpacing along the highway, he didn't last long though, I kept calling the moto up, hehehe :D

I don't mind if you want to share the ride, some of my best rides home have been two-up TTs along Adelaide Ave, but it is just not right to just suck a wheel! Especially when the wheel you are sucking makes it obvious you are not welcome, for example slowing down to painfully slow or riding in the gutter, or both together!

If your excuse is that you think you are superior to the wheel you are sucking, knock yourself out and go past, it will make no difference to first wheel riding along and they won't have you free loading off them!

I believe this is a way of life in Italy... drop over to Vicki's blog to read about her experience.

OK, rant over! I feel better now :)

No comments: