Jul 2, 2009

ITT(i)S the season...

Illawarra Cycling Club ITT, Dapto
Saturday 27 June 2009

Warm and sun, with rain threatening!


I have a soft spot for this course. It was the first course that I raced my TT bike over last year (see this post) and being able to race on it about 12 months later gave me a good opportunity to gauge improvement.

According to the club website the race was meant to be 36 km but after a quick word to the organisers I convinced them that one lap of the course (~18 km) would be sufficient for me!

I was the 8th one away and the first one home. There is something very satisfying about that! And my time was 30 seconds than last years! Nice! According to the "official" results, I was third fastest over the 1 lap version and fastest female. And to top it off, the power output according the SRM was awesomely and consistent. Sweet!

There might be some form there after all!! :D



The course profile looks like this, if you are interested:

No comments: