Dec 13, 2009

VCC Time Trial Series Race #2

The month passed very quickly, and it was time to face this course again. The start time was an hour earlier than last time to beat the heat. A bit tough for a Sunday, but then again cyclists love early starts, right?!

Another perfect day for TT (despite the earliness), it was still and sunny. Somehow I did end up running late however and had an abbreviated warm up. I am starting to think that a shorter warm up might work better for me actually.

Today was one of those days when I just felt great on the bike. I found my rhythm on the hills quickly and held good power and speed all the way. My only complaint, just one, was the car that was going through the finish line as I was rapidly approaching. There was another competitor in front of him so it wasn’t as if he could have gone anywhere, so I can’t really complain, just meant that I had to slow down before the finish line.

This time around I was 1 min 10 sec faster than last time! And you know what, I reckon I can go still go faster (fingers crossed!!)

No comments: