Dec 21, 2009

Dear Pursuit Gods...

Victorian Pursuit Championships
Sunday 20 December, 2009

I know I haven't really been training for this, but can I please just have a good ride! Thanks!

It kind of worked! It wasn't the fastest ride of the day, and it was pretty much the same as what I rode in Sydney a couple of weeks ago, in fact, so similar that the times were about the same as last time. And, yet again I rode a faster final than I did qualifier, so I can't really complain! Unfortunately, it wasn't faster than before.

On the upside, there was a visit to the podium, and that is always good :) Another IP bronze. (I don't have a good photo of that :( ) And it was nice to do that in front of my mum, my brother, his fiancee and my 2 nieces! Congratulations to Helen Kelly who rode a stellar race, and to Miranda Laidlaw who surprised herself with how fast she could go for the silver.

More importantly, I have identified some things to focus on to make me a better pursuit rider. Small technical things that I think can be improved rapidly to make my pursuit better. I experimented with a couple of things for this race and they seemed to work quite favourably, although they will need a bit of refinement, although I am pretty happy with the initial response. This is the type of challenge I like (damn that inner scientist!!), but it will have to wait until after January 6 to become a priority!

I hope you all had a good weekend. I have 2 more days in Victoria, a trip to see my mum and dad today (Monday) and some training over the Nationals TT course on Tuesday before heading home, and back to the office on Wednesday.

No comments: