Aug 30, 2010

I don't feel like dancin'

ACT ITT Championships
22 August 2010

Knowing that there wasn't going to be a lot of competition, coupled with some bad news about my grandmother a few days earlier, I wasn't really that motivated for this. But, sometimes you just have to do these things!

Despite finding myself a little distracted and not fully engaged with the actual race, I still posted a pretty tidy time for the 30km course, and finished on top of the podium. With the race not coming as naturally as it normally does, I used this an opportunity to focus on some technical aspects, which in the long term will be beneficial and in the short term, made me concentrate on the job at hand.

It was nice to be able to tick off one of my goals from the start of the year. Sometimes, even when you don't feel like dancing you should give it a bit of a wiggle just in case... ;)

No comments: