Nov 17, 2010

It's so much easier if you use your head!

Wagga Wagga Golden Wheel
13-14 November

Knowing that I was somewhat underdone and still on antibiotics, a double header racing weekend was going to a big ask. I was prepared for that mentally and as agreed with Brian, if it got too much then I would call it a day.

The story of the weekend was consistently finishing in the place just off the podium! Whilst this is frustrating, it is in no way disappointing given the state I was in. In fact, despite the lack of results, it was technically some of the best and smartest racing I have ever done! Which is more of a confidence boost than most results would have been (although the $ would have been good!)

The weather gods were kind to me on Saturday and just when I was really starting to feel my lack of endurance (I had made it through 4 events, including some pretty harsh marks- thanks Baz!) the heavens opened! That was the end of day 1.

Day 2 was equally as ominous but the weather gods weren't playing nice for anyone. Even with a re-jigged program, I only got one race in before we were all drenched! There was no Golden Wheel result nor a Rules Club Wheel Race this year. But we will all be back in February to finish what was started and this time I will have my head and my legs working together...


No comments: